Bryan Haynes of the Troutman Pepper Tobacco Team was recently interviewed for CSP’s Tobacco Regulatory Update. The article discusses six regulatory issues at the federal, state and local levels that could impact tobacco retailers:
- The impact of the Biden administration on tobacco laws and regulations
- FDA’s progress in reviewing requests for marketing authorization for new tobacco products
- The potential that tobacco retailers may be required to post in their stores “corrective statements” regarding the consequences of smoking
- The ongoing litigation regarding FDA’s new graphic health warnings for cigarettes.
- Potential flavor bans.
- Potential excise tax increases.