Parallel bills (H 646 and SB 97) in the Texas legislature would regulate vapor products in the same manner as tobacco products by including vapor products within the same restrictions applicable to tobacco products.
Among other things the bills would:
- Ban self-service displays of vapor products.
- Restrict remote sales of vapor products in a manner akin to the federal PACT Act.
- Ban sales of vapor products to minors.
- Require manufacturers of vapor products to report ingredients to the state.
- Prohibit vapor product advertising within 1,000 feet of schools.
- Require vapor product advertisers to pay a 10% fee of the cost of the advertisement to the state.
For questions and/or comments, please contact Bryan Haynes, at 804.697.1420 or by email.